CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Shadow Warrior Excerpt

I'm excited to know what you'll think of this tiny shred of the humongous story..and yes, I just took a random piece out..it might be different in the real one though;;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Suddenly, her phone beeped. Vanya jumped violently, shocked out of her thoughts. She picked it up and flipped it open. It was a text message from Samantha, reading:

Go to Baskin Robbins at 5.00pm today. I hope this will help you.

Vanya reread the words a few times, the meaning slowly sinking in. 'Baskin Robbins..' she mummered to herself. That was in Main Street.

Finally, Vanya made it through the seventh period. Grabbing all her stuff, she proceeded to the nearest bus stop, where she took a bus to Main Street.

Vanya made her way quickly through the crowd. She was panting by the time she reached the little shop. She checked her watch; it was five minutes past five. She looked around for a familiar face, or someone who reconized her, without any avail: apparently the other person was late too. Slightly comforted by this, she dropped into a seat at a table for two in the far corner.

As she waited for the unknown and she twiddled her thumbs, her imgaination wandered to the coming concert. Would there be anyone to cheer for her? The honest answer was 'no'; her foster parents would be too busy to go and Samantha was going to be backstage for the whole concert.

She looked up - she didn't want to think about how embarrased she was going to be when nobody clapped for her at the end of her performance - and saw someone standing beside her table. The latecomer was pale, his hair coal black and his eyes dark brown. Vanya's eyes widened in shock.

'Adam?'
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Haha..you'll just have to wait 'till the story comes out, because the next excerpt, if there is ever going to be one, is going to be at a different part. I know I know..I'm so mean! :D

love undiluted~